Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › First Signs of MG › Reply To: First Signs of MG
-
Community Member
MemberReply To: First Signs of MG
<div>
<div class=”bbp-the-content-wrapper”>
<div id=”wp-bbp_reply_content-wrap” class=”wp-core-ui wp-editor-wrap tmce-active”>
<div id=”wp-bbp_reply_content-editor-tools” class=”wp-editor-tools hide-if-no-js”>
<div class=”wp-editor-tabs”>My first sign of MG was having some breathing issues which weren’t too bad at first and I started losing weight. The breathing go worse as time went by & then the swallowing and speech slurring started.</div>
<div>I first thought it was allergies since it was June when it started. My primary sent me to an ear, and throat specialist who was baffled. He sent me for speech therapy which didn’t work. I asked for a second opinion and that guy said it was paradoxical.</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div>He had no clue either. When they finally did a swallow test, they referred me to a neurologist who thought it was either ALS or MG.</div>
<div>After waiting a month for the blood test, I got the good news that it was MG & not ALS.</div>
<div>I have been very lucky to have a great doctor and great results from the Rituxan treatments.</div>
</div>