Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Research and Clinical Trials › Are there financial resources to help with the high costs of MG care? › Reply To: Are there financial resources to help with the high costs of MG care?
-
Community Member
MemberI am on Vyvgart and the costs for 4 infusions, considered a cycle, are around $85,000 with a co-pay of over $5k every other month. I filed for disability and after two years was successful. I was not ready to retire financially and due to the severity of my symptoms was forced to. I applied for financial aid through the web site https://tafcares.org/patients/ and was accepted. They pay for all MG related co-pays and my Social Security Medicare month premium and my Medicare Advantage premium. If you are not currently receiving Social Security disability should get a lawyer that specializes in such procedures and apply. I live in Northern Virginia and could give you the name of the lawyer I used. There is an upper limit on your liquid assets, not to include your house.