Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Managing Prednisone Weight Gain › Reply To: Managing Prednisone Weight Gain

  • Community Member

    Member

    I gained 30 lbs during my most recent MG episode that started in July ’22 when I was put on 40 mg prednisone. Once all the sugary food in my fridge and pantry was consumed I was able to halt the weight gain. I still get strong food cravings in the evening but at least I’m not satisfying them with sweets any more. I’m now on 20 mg and am hoping the cravings will stop soon, as my prednisone is decreasing 5 mg each month. I guess you could say that half the battle is just getting the weight gain to stop. At some point I hope the cravings will come under my control and I can successfully return to a more reasonable weight.