Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Have You Had Eye Surgery to Help Your Vision? › Reply To: Have You Had Eye Surgery to Help Your Vision?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I had surgery on my eyes, a procedure named vitrectomy back in 2016 due to eye floaters. The results were great in one eye and extremely bad in the other which happened to be my good eye. My vision went from 20/20 to 20/25 (I think), either way, I needed the surgeries. Now I am dealing with really bad droopy left eye lid that really has not gone away with IVIG treatment for over 1 year. I recently started Vyvgart and the first month it seemed to have helped at least for the first week or so after the infusion month. Now I am starting my second dose (1week in) and have been struggling with my eye lid really bad. BTW, my daily medicine dosage are 4-5 mestinon, 1 time release mestinon (at night), 5 mg/day of prednisone, and 2 x 1500 mg/per day of cellcept. I hope someone mentions if they’ve gone to a specialist to have surgery due to MG with ptosis issues.  i am new to prism glasses for double vision, I’ll have to look into it and bring it up to my neurologist.