Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Have You Had Eye Surgery to Help Your Vision? › Reply To: Have You Had Eye Surgery to Help Your Vision?
-
Community Member
MemberI started with double vision over two years ago. It was attributed to 4th Nerve Palsy. I got the corrective prisms that worked great. A couple months later a developed cataracts in both eyes and had surgery. Still using prisms but on reading glasses. Then came Covid. Mestinon and Cell Cept have helped , but not with my vision. After thru IVIG, Plasmapheresis and facing chemotherapy with no improvement, we changed neurologists. My new doc said I had a mild case of MG and wondered why I had all these treatments. He said my double vision is not due to MG. Because I do not see the same image with either eye and it is due to something else. This new doc did more tests on me than the old one did in almost two years. Most of my symptoms are probably due to extremely low vitamin B12 and my diabetes.