Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › CPAP Machines – do they work for breathing issues while sleeping › Reply To: CPAP Machines – do they work for breathing issues while sleeping
-
Community Member
MemberI’ve had generalized MG for nine years and have been on IVIG the entire time. For most of those years I would wake up in the mornings tired, which I attributed totally to the MG.
But recently I was tested for sleep apnea and I have it. I’ve been on a CPAP for only a couple of weeks now, and while I sometimes still wake up tired, I believe it’s helping.
I’d highly recommend that you take the sleep test. A nurse that attended to me said they have a number of people that come in after they’ve had a heart attack or stroke that state they were pretty sure they had sleep apnea in the past, but ignored it.
Best of luck to you!