• Community Member

    Member

    I said I would provide updates to my participation in the Cartesian-08 trial in my comments last May.  So, I now can say that the trial was a great success for me.  I had the “T” cell removal done, the infusions manufactured (modified in the drug company lab), and I received 6 infusions.  There was some technical issues with the first batch of “T” cells that was resolved and I actually received 1 infusion from the first batch and then after a few month delay received an additional 5 infusions (once per week) for 5 weeks from the second batch.  My last infusion was in mid October ’22. I had immediate reactions to the infusions in a very positive manner. Today, I can report that in  my opinion, I am in remission of most all MG issues.  I still have some high up double vision, but it is not an issue for daily living as it is usually completely out of my normal field of vision. My biggest issue with MG was muscle deteriation.  During the last 2+ years my strength and coordination had been reduced to something that was barely allowing me to function.  My biceps and calves had lost about 35% of original mass and much more in strenght. This month I will have my last 28 day follow-up and will go into the 3 month follow-up routine. I feel like all is mostly normal with my body functions.  As I age (I am now 83 years old) and experience other health issues, it is harder for me to tell what is the cause of some of my strenght issues.  I experienced some heart artery blockage last last October and had 6 stints placed to relieve the blockages.  I am not scheduled for any future infusions and personally believe that the infusions I received have had a permanent effect in relieving my MG symptoms. I think the trial went well and am very satisfied that I made the decision to participate and am looking forward to completing the follow-up visits I have remaining.  The details of the “T” cell removal and infusions are many – some trying and painful – but too much to attempt to cover in this report.  I will do another report when the trial officially ends later his year.