Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Cancer Immunotherapy With Myasthenia Gravis › Reply To: Cancer Immunotherapy With Myasthenia Gravis

  • Community Member

    Member

    The moderate MG I now have was a result of a cancer immunotherapy trial I was in 4 years ago.  I received 2 of the projected 4 infusions of Nivolumab in a clinical trial when a severe ocular as well as generalized MG reaction manifested itself due to my antibodies overreacting and therefore attacking a number of different organs and muscles in my body which resulted in the damage which lead to MG……….my cancer institution admitted me immediately and I remained there for 2 weeks as they tried to figure out what had gone wrong with me and the trial.  With my institutions treatment, the ocular MG disappeared after several days and my body has healed itself quite well however the generalized MG has remained.  I am grateful though to my institution as with their guidance, experience and care I am now cancer free and am more than happy to have traded cancer for generalized MG.