Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › COVID-19 and MG › COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot and Myasthenia Gravis › Reply To: COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot and Myasthenia Gravis
-
Community Member
MemberOn Black Friday this year … I celebrated my second anniversary of getting out of my 5th hospital due to getting diagnosed with MG, after an 8 month search. I take 180 MGs of MESTINON and 2000 MGs of CELLCEPT daily along with other drugs (5500 MGs daily) and I am fine. My new family doctor was scheduling his patients for WEDNESDAY appointment MODERNA SHOTS and I got my first two in April and May of 2021.
Then on 12-28-2021, I got my first MODERNA booster in a TEMPE, Arizona CITY WIDE program, where they offer shots at two different schools in the morning one day each week. I had no problems or bad reactions, at all, even though the doctors, who were not able to diagnose my MG, had been still prescribing 5 blood thinners, anti- clotters, and a dangerous BETA BLOCKER and STATIN … for an MG patients. Usual problem. No doctor could diagnose my MG (a hospital nurse finally did) so they see my chart and see … OH YOU ARE OLD … so you must HAVE … A, B, C, D, E, and F disease … and prescribe accordingly for high BP, Diabetes, Gout, GERT, cancer, stroke, fast pulse, UTI, and many other symptoms, as they could not understand how my 9 or 10 symptoms could be ONLY ONE DISEASE …. Myasthenia Gravis.
My only slight issue, was after I had the 3rd one … I felt no pain that day … so when I went to bed, on my right side as usual, late that night …. I landed on my right bicep … and then finally felt the sore arm from the shot, that had not fazed me at all that day.
Now that the new and IMPROVED MODERNA BOOSTER SHOT is just out … I need to get that .. but fewer places are offering it, including my doctor (who did them before), the city, and my FRYS pharmacy, that has other shots but not MODERNA … so am still looking but feel safe with that again. EVERYONE is without MASKS and MOSHING again … so I must be SAFE>