• Community Member

    Member

    My neurologist gave me the opportunity to be involved in a genetics study. (It was not at her hospital.) The lab said that I had two different genes that are known to cause MG. The thing is, they are recessive. I only had one copy of each. So I should not have it.

    My grandfather was diagnosed by an old country doctor with MS back in the 40’s. There were no good diagnostics. His signs were exactly the same as mine.

    There is a genetic component according to the DNA guys. But I don’t think that they know as much about it as they think they do, because I should not have it. I have 2 different recessive genes. They feel certain that the genes are recessive. They are not on the same allele. So the two don’t match up.

    Somebody said before, There is probably a genetic component.

    If I can find that paper, I will tell everybody what the company is and what those genes are.