• Community Member

    Member

    I just got back from my Neuro’s office. We have a plan mapped out.

    First is 2.5 mg of prednisone by 10:00 every morning until Christmas to see if it helps my vision. Probably won’t as I am no stranger to prednisone. Heck, I have bottles of it for when my RA flares up. I have never noticed a vision improvement, but the insurance company wants to see the progression, etc…

    Second will be an MG drug to see what relief I get with that.

    Third is a second opinion with a Neuro-Ophthalmologist at Mass General.

    Since it will be a while before I can get an actual appointment, and the insurance company requires a progression of treatment, this works out well. I can’t say enough about my current Neuro. He talks things through and lays them out in easy analogies. I’ve been an Industrial Mechanic for over 40 years so I can be very critical and analytical. This doctor is the right one for me.

     

    Paul