• Community Member

    Member

    To all, this is all GREAT info. Thank you!

     

    I am happy with my current Neuro as he is the one that caught the copper deficiency and is working with me on it. That being said, I am not opposed to finding another doctor if I don’t get the help I need.

    Doctors are like any other profession: they all have their Juniors. I’ll explain. I worked for a local company that made resins for all sorts of industries. We had a worker named Junior. Junior was a great guy and meant well. Heck, I even mentored him and tried to push him in the direction of expecting better. But Junior was an underachiever that Murphy (from Murphy’s law) always seemed to find. One example is that he came around the corner in a fork truck too fast. He quickly crashed into the parked fork truck that his friend left there.

    So there it is, Junior. Every occupation has it’s Juniors and doctors are no different. I mention this because I have had three ophthalmologists and they have all indicated the same thing – MG. But that one Neuro-Ophthalmologist that I saw over the summer looked into my eyes and declared “you’ve had cataract surgery”! I have not. I don’t even have cataracts. All the optho’s have said I don’t. What I’m getting at is that Neuro-Ophthalmologists are hard to come by in this area and according to her colleagues, this one has a great reputation. She’s a Junior and all it takes is for my doctor to say “but Dr. A says you don’t have MG”. That’s my fear. I know I should give him more credit, but experience and all that….

    I do trust my Neuro and believe that he will help me get to the bottom of this. But I’m also a realist and ready to move to another Neuro if need be. As mentioned, I need to be my own advocate. I learned that lesson so long ago, but it does bear repeating so thank you for that 🙂

     

    Paul