Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Additional Resources › Hey all! › Reply To: Hey all!
-
Community Member
MemberWell, not so good, David. I have seen a new Doctor in the Endocrinology department. He had some lab work done on me and I’m deficient in Vitamin D and testosterone, even though I have been taking both. So far I have added chelated copper (copper deficiency), vitamin D twice a day, testosterone twice a day and thyroid support supplement twice a day. I also get B12 shots monthly due to malabsorption issue from no colon.
I do feel a bit better, but still have tremors when excited, anxious or stressed. For example, I lose some muscle control in my hand/arm while playing Mahjong and trying to beat the computer. I also lose it when I cook and add spices, sometimes my hand just shakes uncontrollably and I over-season. I still get the internal tremors where I feel like I’m shivering, but I’m not cold. My vision is getting worse, too. Blurry and double vision. I had an appointment last week with one of the top ophthalmologists at Lahey. I told her about the double vision and that I can make the images move around by rotating my head. Also that if I look all the way up with my eyes only that the double vision goes away. She asked me if I have trouble swallowing, which I do about once a week. She asked if I get shortness of breath and I told her I do, and ironically I had lost my breath just sitting at my desk that very day. She then told me to go back to my preferred Neurologist and have another discussion about MG.
This is the third doctor that has brought up MG. I am going to see the Neuro on December 5th. At this point, I just want a solution and to plan a path going forward. The malabsorption issues tend to muddy the diagnosis. I was happy to get the diagnosis on copper deficiency as that would have meant I could move forward with life. This last doctor telling me to re-open this possibility with the Neuro was a bit of a punch in the gut.
I am no stranger to the emotional roller coaster of health issues as I went through it for many years with my spine and then again with 13 surgeries for my intestines, including a total colectomy. It just doesn’t get any easier going on that ride. I think one of the main reasons I’m feeling somewhat better is that the summer heat is gone.
Thank you all for your support in this. It means a lot to me to be able to communicate with others that get what I’m experiencing.
Paul