• Community Member

    Member

    I am very interested in my hearing loss too.  The hospital doctors gave it to me, at the first of 5 2020 hospitals  ….  so I had 100% hearing and speech loss for 4 months  … and my hearing is only to 70% back.

    I started having MG symptoms on 7-25-2019  … and no doctor could diagnose my disease.  I was finally diagnosed with MG on 3-24-2020 by a third floor nurse at the second hospital of 5 in 2020.  I tried and tried    …..    to get anyone to see me about my TOTAL HEARING LOSS  .. that happened after 2-4-2020, when I went to a BANNER hospital urgent care  … to get a diagnosis of what my health problem was (MG).   No one knew … of the  hospital doctors or nurses I asked on my white board scribbling questions.   Some said  it was because I was given ANTIBIOTICS  .. after URGENT CARE gave me a CODE RED (accute HYPERCAPNIC RESPIRATORY FAILURE due to ANESTHESIA given to an undiagnosed patient) on 2-5-2020 and sent me to their ICU where I got three PNEUMONIAS   … and three ANTIBIOTICS to cure them.

    So some in hospital said  … because of ANTIBIOTICS, other said ANTIBIOTICS and the MORPHINE and FENTANYL sedatives I was also given,  another said that there are actually over 200 drugs that can given a patient temporary or permanent OTOTOCITY HEARING LOSS.  Because the CORONA PLAGUE from CHINA soon arrived in Arizona  … the following month, no doctor would see me in the hospital and no ENT doctor would allow any of the three hospitals 2-4-2020 to 6-11-2020 to have them send me to the doctor’s office by medical transport for an appointment.

    Finally in late June 2020, the third hospital released me on 6-11-2020 and set up two appointment with hearing doctors.  Now that I was off ANTIBIOTICS, I could hear if anyone could talk LOUD six inches away. But I am better now  at 70% … except at church, where pastors were never taught to project  .. or correctly use a mike.   Both doctors tested me and confirmed that I still had hearing loss  … but because I was no longer TOTALLY DEAF,  and would not be seen when DEAF, they could only guess as to why.    My new NEUROLOGIST gave me some MYASTHENIA GRAVIS DANGEROUS DRUGS handouts  … and the ANTIBIOTIC TOBRAMYCIN and also BETA BLOCKERS and STATINS that I was given are all the MG dangerous lists.

    I have had only the original 5 hours for 5 days of IVIG  .. when finally diagnosed 8 months later.  I am currently on 180 MGs of MESTINON and 2000 MGs daily of CELLCEPT.  Their dangerous drug STEROID PREDNISONE gave me MEDICALLY INDUCED DIABETES II  (which is now in REMISSION) after the PREDNISONE was killed.  So I still have hearing loss and ACUTE ONSET INSOMNIA  …. so are my problems of lousy HEARING and lousy SLEEPING  … due to the side effects of MG or MEDS?   WONDERING ALSO  ???