Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Steroid Alternatives › Reply To: Steroid Alternatives
-
Community Member
MemberJust chiming in on the steroid question and choice of doctor. With MG it is important in my opinion to remain with as knowledgeable a physician with MG as your insurance and physical location allows. The field has significant scientific advancement but it is specialized and takes such individualized management making physician practices difficult to gain experience. In my case, I was on high levels of steroids for management, like others initially but the goal was always to reduce if possible and today after very careful management and a long process (more than a year) I am nearly completely weaned and fully on mycophenolate (cellcept). I feel great and function almost normally barring the common fatigue. I tell my doctor frequently “I am in a good place.” Now, to lose those prednisone pounds!