Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Navigating School and Work › Do You Work? Has It Been Impacted by MG? › Reply To: Do You Work? Has It Been Impacted by MG?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I spent 15 years building a career in construction working on mega multimillion dollar projects.  Get promoted to Sr Project Manager and this hits me like a ton of bricks.  In one year I hVe been hospitalized twice and now spent 3 months on disability.  Last month I could not chew, breath, walk, wipe, etc.

    I have had miraculous results with Ultomiris combined with Mestinon as I taper from 60mg Prednisone.

    Next Monday I go back to work and even though I’m OK to work, I’m terrified.  Stress seems to make me show symptoms fast and that is the only thing I have not tested over these past few months.

    Most the stories I read people are old and in pretty bad shape both with MG and with their personal fitness and diet.  I’m really hoping that because I’m oy 43 and was in general fit shape I can manage this.

    Any engineers out there who have had to change careers?  I SURE HOPE I DONT HAVE TO.  I don’t know ow what I would be able to do.  I’m so used to this high stress high Reward job.