Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Breathing problems › Reply To: Breathing problems
-
Community Member
MemberI’m 71 and achr positive and told I have ocular MG.
breathing issues started about a year ago and followed almost exactly the same path as yours and I ended up in hospital with a flare. I am also breathless and sweating most of the time. I can manage a good walk in the morning but by 10pm 20 feet leaves me gasping with a heart rate over 120! Also my oxygen drops at night to under 94% can go down as far as 82%! Doctors have resisted the MG is causing the breathlessness. I have had lung function tests- all ok. Chest CT scan – clear, positive for obstructive sleep apnoea. Ecg, stress test, heart CT scan all normal though I only managed 3 minutes on the treadmill. So my lungs are fine, my heart is fine now surely there’s only MG left.