Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Describe Your Journey With MG in 3 Words › Reply To: Describe Your Journey With MG in 3 Words
-
Community Member
MemberADJUST YOUR MEDICATIONS
I found that there is no particular set of what should be prescribed for MG. Reading these forums I see several different kinds of medications as well as different doses we are taking. I’ve asked my neurologist about that and there is no answer. I have been told that there is no test that will tell me how bad my MG is. My tests for AChR and MUSK should set some kind of level for a prescription but they don’t track with what I’m taking. My symptoms are mild, if sometimes non-existent, but I have been taking about the same amounts of Mestinon and Cellcept that many others are taking, i.e., 4×60 Mestinon and 4×500 Cellcept. I’ve actually reduced my Mestinon to 3×60 and Cellcept to 2×500 and I can’t tell any difference in my symptoms. My neurologist said OK, let’s try that for awhile. It doesn’t seem like a science to me. Does it to you?