Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Do you have Seronegative MG? › Reply To: Do you have Seronegative MG?
-
Community Member
MemberI am seronegative, diagnosed 2021 after physical exam and 2 weeks later myasthenia crisis. Since then I have been hospitalized 4 more times with exacerbation/ pending crisis ( with the last one just 2 weeks ago) if not for the quick action of the doctors with BIPap plasmapheresis and IVIG would definitely turned into crisis. I am currently on prednisone,cellcept, and retuxan and I am currently being set up for Plasmapheresis every week. My symptoms include. Neck weakness, eye ptosis and double vision, problems with swallowing, voice issues, arm/hand/ shoulder weakness and severe leg weakness. Many of my symptoms went away with just the Retuxan and the prednisone, but my neurologist left to do research and my new neurologist thought I looked so good decided to put me on maintenance which is have the dose of retuxan and titrations off prednisone. The result was another hospitalization. I am back up to my regular dosage but it won’t take affect for at least another 5 weeks or so. Plasmapheresis is the only other thing that works in the interim. Theresa I can’t wait for your zoom support group.