Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Mental Health and Self-Care › Mood and Mental Health Medications With MG › Reply To: Mood and Mental Health Medications With MG

  • Community Member

    Member

    Hi Jodi,

    I was diagnosed with both ocular and Generalized MG about 6 or 7 years ago. Can’t remember. I am a fully and permanently disabled U S Marine. Most of my disability is Severe PTSD, Major Depressive Disorders and multiple generalized anxiety disorders. I have been in therapy since 1967. I have been repeatedly locked up for suicidal ideation and have attempted suicide twice.  But I am still here and fighting the good fight.  My mental illnesses are not like something that I can put into a garbage bag and put out by the curb and have the garbage man take it away. These things are always with me. But I take my meds and go to my therapy and do the best I can. I see my MG as a blessing. It’s another challenge on my pathway. Another way of proving to myself that I can take anything that life throws at me and keep on keeping on. Down (sometimes) but never OUT!!!