Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Additional Resources › Hey all! › Reply To: Hey all!
-
Community Member
MemberI have an update. It’s good news, good news, bad news.
Good news #1: I found a great Neuro local to me. He’s actually the doctor that diagnosed my sister with MS over 40 years ago. Not planned, but big co-incidence!
Good news #2: He explained everything in terms I can understand. Most importantly he explained how the MG test was done and I don’t have it!
Bad news: I am severely copper deficient. This is very rare so treatment is going to be different, to say the least. it was right there in my blood test results like a big fat meatball, yet neither my old Neuro, nor my old PCP, noticed it.
I am happy to find what the problem is. It takes a lot of stress off of me. Now the long road of figuring out how to correct it. There are a lot of similarities in symptoms between this and MG. The double vision is a separate issue we need to address, but I’m confident that this Neurologist of over 55 years in practice will see it through (pun intended!)
Thank you everyone for you support!
Paul