Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › COVID-19 and MG › Evusheld › Reply To: Evusheld
-
Community Member
MemberI am receiving rituximab infusions every 6 months, so I have no B-cells and therefore, create no antibodies. As such, my immunologist recommends Evusheld. I received my first series (300 mg. tixagevimab & 300 mg. cilavimab) of IM shots in mid-March 2022. I don’t recall having any appreciable side effects. Unfortunately, I got COVID in mid-May. I was able to get Paxlovid quickly, so my symptoms were that of a week-long cold (runny nose, occasional cough, etc.).
I am due for my next dose now (September). I am trying to find a clinic that administers Evusheld near my home, but that is proving very difficult. The FDA/HHS website is out of date (www.covid.gov). Furthermore, I have learned that my insurance (UHC) does not cover Evusheld (since it is EUA). I may be relegated to go to a “wellness spa” that provides apothecary and anti-aging IV hydration costing me $250 out-of-pocket. Sounds rather “fly by night” to me, but it may be my only option. Very frustrating. Will post updates.