Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Remission?? › Reply To: Remission??
-
Community Member
MemberAfter 3 years, last week my neurologist reduced Cellcept (Mycophenylate Mofetil) to 2 from 4 (500 mg) pills daily to see if I am in remission. He said the current thinking is that MG doesn’t go into true remission and that the symptoms are lurking in the background at levels that aren’t noticeable to the patient and could easily be triggered. He cautioned me to monitor for symptoms closely and contact him at the first sign as it may not be so easy to bring me back to my current state by simply increasing Cellcept. I may need aggressive treatment to reverse the escalation of symptoms similar to the first six months after initial diagnosis (Cellcept and prednisone). That said, he has 2 patients that have been off medication for 20 and 30 years respectively, and several others for less time than that, so he felt it was worth a trial based on 3 years symptom-free and the 3 brief times this year that I reduced or stopped taking Cellcept to improve immune response for my last two Covid boosters, and while I had Covid and was on Paxlovid (antiviral pills) for 5 days.