Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › “Not allowed to switch providers”… has anyone else had this experience? › Reply To: “Not allowed to switch providers”… has anyone else had this experience?
-
Community Member
MemberI have been told that I could not switch providers within a group b/c by accepting anyone in the group I was by default accepting all of them as the cover for one another; however, I believe that who you choose as your primary neurologist should be your decision–even if you are taking the chance of having the one you dislike “covering” at some point. Not everybody gets along–I’m pretty sure there is no “medical necessity” clause requiring a provider to “release you from their care”. At the same time, unless they are the only players in town, I’d want to stay as far away from that practice as possible– you can also contact the board of medicine for your state and get their take