Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Misdiagnosis Before MG › Reply To: Misdiagnosis Before MG
-
Community Member
MemberYes, it took multiple blood test to finally narrow my diagnosis down to MG… Along with cat scans, multiple MRI’s to isolate possibilities of damaged eye muscle issues, Thymus and other diagnosis possibilities. Just a note of interest when I went to the second eye specialist for blurry vision, he let me know that he couldn’t find anything in the eye exams or MRI’s to cause my blurry vision but did ask if I had any Thymus issues… ? Of course I didn’t know what the thymus was at the time and asked what does that have to do with my blurry vision? He replied with awe just wondering. After being diagnosed for MG, I went back to him months later for prism glasses for my double vision, I asked him if he suspected MG and was and the reasoning for asking me about my Thymus… He said yes, I suspected MG or something similar but I’m just an eye doctor and it’s not my place to scare patients by diagnosing issues outside of my field…?
But as to your question, there seems to be many close illnesses similar to MG and a series of test to accurately isolate each down to MG but the last two of many blood test were the final contributors to my diagnosis… Hope that helps a little as everyones body and their doctors approach to MG may be different.