Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Misdiagnosis Before MG › Reply To: Misdiagnosis Before MG
-
Community Member
MemberMy MG took 3 1/2 months to diagnose starting with blurred vision at the eye doctors, then a specialist eye doctor, then to a respiratory doctor for an upgraded respiratory inhaler for my breathing issues etc. Finally I pretty much diagnosed my self by searching the internet. I was somewhere between MG, ALS, MS, AIDS and a couple other close symptomatic immune symptoms but I was 10 for 10 on MG symptoms and asked my family doctor to refer me to a neurologist. My family doctor had not heard of MG before but agreed a neurologist would be a good start? After multiple MRI’s, Cat scans and blood test, my neurologist narrowed it down to MG and began my Vyvgart treatments 9 months ago. It was a very tough three months driving back and forth to the doctors with blurry vision and all the other MG symptoms always expecting the worst and hoping for the best outcome .. I may be getting off track but mine also came on shortly after my first Covid shot but that’s another rabbit trail. In short I hope technology gets better at diagnosing and preventing diseases such as MG and Hope even more that they find a permanent cure soon…