Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Do You Have Other Family Members With MG? › Reply To: Do You Have Other Family Members With MG?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I don’t know for sure, but my paternal grandmother who died at 76 in 1956, was bedridden for three years. She was said to have heart problems, and I’m sure she did, but she had “drooping” eyelids for a long time, so I wonder if in those days she was undiagnosed. I was diagnosed in 1962, and it was said I was one of only very very few in Australia at that time, so doctors were not very aware of MG in those days. I have recently …..after 4 Covid vaccines and a dose of ‘flu, got another autoimmune problem, polymyalgia rheumatica, which is a “pain” both practically and metaphorically! My mother had that one. Is autoimmunity pretty much a family problem?