• Community Member

    Member

    I am recently new to this group having been an active, healthy 69 year old woman who was diagnosed six weeks ago with MuSK MG.  I received my first vaccination in 2021.  It made me really sick for three days and ten days later I had what was referred to as “Covid arm” — hot red and sore.   With my second vaccine I also got really sick.  Ten days after that I started having double vision.  It would come and go.  It eventually abated, but then five months later  I got sick (tested neg with rapid test for Covid) and ten days after recovery my double vision reappeared.  It  would come and go from day to day but went away after several weeks.  I got the booster  a month after that and ten days later I had double vision.  this time it pretty much stuck.  After seeing several specialists, I finally got the diagnosis of ocular MG.  In my first visit to my neurologist  she found GMG with single fiber testing and subsequently MuSK with bloodwork.  My symptoms were mild, double vision (if you want to call that mild) voice changes, and a slight swallowing alteration.  I was put on pyridostigmine and then prednisone.  Off pyridostigmine (not good with prednisone)  now and hoping prednisone will help!