Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › COVID-19 and MG › Have You Had COVID-19 with Myasthenia Gravis? What Was Your Experience? › Reply To: Have You Had COVID-19 with Myasthenia Gravis? What Was Your Experience?

  • Community Member

    Member

    Well after almost three years avoiding this virus it finally got me in the beginning of august. I started with a headache, that would not go away, by day two I had a raging fever, body chills, a horrendous sore throat, a nasty cough and my entire body ached. I called my neurologist on day two because I felt my breathing becoming an issue. ( I have seronegative mg, which we barely have control over.) I was sent to the emergency room where they were expecting me. They had neuro critical care team see me, who admitted me immediately contacted my neuro who told them that they would most likely need to intubate soon (I’ve been intubated over 8 times because of my mg.) they tried the bipap machine but to no avail, in less than 8 hours I was intubated. I was treated with Remdesivir for the covid along with 125mgs of steroids daily and a round of ivig for the mg. I was intubated for a week! Could barely move any part of my body. It took a little over two weeks but I beat it, barely. I’m home but I can do very little before I am completely exhausted and done for the day. I’m still coughing and still have no sense of smell or taste. I have muscle weakness that I am seeing physical therapy and occupational therapy for. Still do not feel like myself and no where near my baseline.