Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › The Costs of MG Treatments › Reply To: The Costs of MG Treatments
-
Community Member
MemberThankfully my IVIG infusions and drug costs have been mostly covered by Medicare. When the hospitals were closed and I had to use a home infusion company, the IVIGs were NOT covered by Medicare, The fact that the hospitals were all closed to infusion patients did not change their position – they do not cover home infusions.
By the way, the home infusion company – owned by a venture capital company – used old equipment as was not honest with me about the real cost of the infusions. My monthly infusions cost so much that I went to the Dr. and told him I would stop the infusions if I could not return to the hospital for them. As if by magic the hospital started performing in- hospital infusions again. When I tried to file an appeal with Medicare the infusion company would never send the proper paperwork. What a con.