Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › The Costs of MG Treatments › Reply To: The Costs of MG Treatments
-
Community Member
MemberGreetings!
It has just gotten ridiculously costly. Inflation hasn’t helped any. The cost of meds & Inflation, more is coming out than what’s going into the bank.
It is getting very stressful. I did do the IVIG until my insurance company decided they weren’t going to pay for it anymore. It costed $25,000 a month for those treatments. I did it for 4 months, and then stopped. I really didn’t notice any difference being on it. I could never afford it. It just frustrates me when a person works your whole life, and pays for insurance, and when you really need it, they just send you a letter saying that they aren’t going to pay. I never was a person that would run to the dr for any little thing. I’m 61 & my husband is 63. So much for enjoying your retirement years. I’m still working, it’s not easy, but I have to. My retirement fund that I did have is gone. I just wish this government would start taking care of the citizens that live here, & not everyone else.