• Community Member

    Member

    Hi Patricia

    I have finished my first cycle of Vyvgart infusions (4). I didn’t have any side effects. But, for precautions, my Dr. ordered Tylenol, Benadryl, (tablets) and prednisone solution, into my IV. This was at the First one. But, because I didn’t show side effects, I decided not to have the prednisone on my following infusions. What I did was, to take, at home, before to arrive at the clinic, One Claritin, and one Diclofenac tablet (prescribed by my Dr’s before.) That was it.  In regard, on how I am doing after my infusions, I have to tell, I feel well, not so weak as I was. But, still I am taking my 2500mg of Cellcept. Also, I need to take 1 mestinon 60mg most of the time. Why? Because, I would get weak if I won’t take it. So, Mestinon is like a buster. As soon I take one pill, I can feel strong, and with energy to continue with my day. My Neurlogist told me, that with that combination, of medications (cellcept, Vyvgart, & mestinon) for now, is the best for me.
    Now, my Dr, is trying to see for how long, the Vyvgart effect will last. And to see also, if I can reduce or stop using Cellcept in the future. He said, that some patients experience longer times than others with Vyvgart effects. I will see him in 3 months. During this time I will know if I will need another round of Vygart.

    I hope this may help you to go forward with yours infusions. To me It’s worth it to try.
    Good Luck!