Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Imuran (Azathioprine) and Side Effects › Reply To: Imuran (Azathioprine) and Side Effects
-
Community Member
MemberBoth Imuran and Cellcept caused me all sorts of problems.
High blood pressure, High blood glucose, Extreme weight gain, water retention, and the best one, my liver doubled in size. Yes the doctors should have kept up with my liver enzymes. They did not. They did not do anything except for 3 month checkups. I went through 4 neurologists before 1 referred me to Major Teaching Hospital.
I am very happy with my neurologist. She does a very good exam and has done a lot of tests. I am being treated with mestinon alone.
Now, she is wanting me to go back on those same drugs that almost killed me. I am only getting exams every six months. My primary care physician sends off blood work occasionally.
I was doing ok until I had major surgery. Now I am weak and it sucks.