Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Neck Weakness and Pain › Reply To: Neck Weakness and Pain
-
Community Member
MemberHi, I’m recently diagnosised 03/01/2023. I have experienced neck pain, weakness. First noticeable symptoms were speech/, chewing several years ago. Spent 3 days under observation in hospital, thought I had a stroke. Released with no diagnosis. Issues occurred off and on had muscles weakness & off and on blury vision (aging). Dec 2021, extreme head drop, diagnosis pulled muscle. Then I contracted COVID. Late Jan 2022 severe ocular symptoms. No longer able to work. Eye surgeon took one look at me and knew what I had, confirmed with blood tests. Finally! Started Mestinon and prednisone. Some improvement. Weaning off prednisone, started IVIG Privigen. Started cellcept last week. May supplement with IVIG going forward if needed. I too was having neck pain again. As I was up and around more. Started physical therapy with a wonderful therapist that is very familiar with MG. I am learning energy conservation and we are working on strengthening my back muscles, along with balance and general overall conditioning. That has helped immensely. My ghoughts go out to all with MG. It is so inconsistent.. you rest one day so you feel better the next.
Thank you all for your posts.. this is my first one and much too long.