Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › First Signs of MG › Reply To: First Signs of MG
-
Community Member
MemberI guess my first symptom was weak legs. I just dismissed it and went on with life. After something like a year I was driving home on a 4000 mile trip pulling my 5th wheel after a 7 hour drive. I got into heavy traffic and suddenly got double vision. I could not see the road nor the tons of red lights from traffic. I yelled at my wife (yes, yelled) and told her to grab the wheel and guide me to the first place I could pull out of one-lane construction traffic! We succeeded without a wreck. After some 30 minutes I recovered enough to get us where we could stop for the night. The next day I was better so continued 600 miles to home. I saw my Endocrinologist on my regular appointment. She recognized my symptoms and sent me to the neurologist who made the preliminary diagnosis and ordered tests for AChR. The tests came back positive for Binding, Modulating and Blocking antibodies. My neurologist immediately put me on Mestinon and referred me to a Neuro Ophthalmologist. She put me on Prednisone which caused me to develop diabetes. After she tapered me off prednisone she put me on Cellcept. The diabetes abated and I continue on Mestinon (4 per day) and Cellcept (4 per day). I continue my daily activities but do them more slowly. I have never had any more double vision but my arms and legs are weaker and fatigue quickly.