Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Mycophenolic acid-Myfortic and CellCept- Side Effects with Myasthenia Gravis › Reply To: Mycophenolic acid-Myfortic and CellCept- Side Effects with Myasthenia Gravis
-
Community Member
MemberI’m on 2000 mg Cellcept per day and I’ve noticed facial puffiness, constant skin and other infections, tremors in my hands/arms while exercising, fatigue and a marked change in sleep pattern. I used to have trouble getting to sleep, now I am so tired that I fall asleep right away but wake up fully alert usually 2 or 3 hours later when its too late to take a sleeping pill. I can’t get back to sleep until 5 or 6 am. Frustrating because I follow all of the sleep hygiene and relaxation recommendations. The acne is frustrating too as 30 yrs ago, I had 3 rounds of Accutane (oral Vitamin A derivative) to resolve adult-onset acne, and have had beautiful skin since. That’s gone now. When I went off Cellcept for 2 weeks for each of the last 2 Covid shots, I felt great and had tons of energy. My neurologist said after 3 years of stability, I could trial being taken off Cellcept to see if I am in remission. 3 yrs is in 2 months – I can’t wait!