Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Additional Resources › Not a candidate for Vyvgart › Reply To: Not a candidate for Vyvgart
-
Community Member
MemberI am seronegative and I just finished my first cycle of vyvgart yesterday. I have tried ivig and plasmapheresis and have had serious anaphylactic reactions to both. I have been in a cycle of flare ups/exacerbation/crisis since my diagnosis in March of 2019. I have been intubated eight times!!! I have been on high doses of prednisone since the beginning along with Azathioprine. I am truly amazed how much better I am feeling. Our goal (my doctor and I) is to get a month maybe a month and a half before having to do another 4 infusion cycle. ( I have tried both Mestonin and cellcept and my body couldn’t handle either. ). We did have to jump through hoops with my insurance company, but in the end the did approve it. Hopefully my body will continue to accept it and respond well to it. Hang in there my seronegative friends!!! Hopefully soon it will be approved for us!