Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Additional Resources › Not a candidate for Vyvgart › Reply To: Not a candidate for Vyvgart

  • Community Member

    Member

    I am currently on  Vyvgart, and doing great. My doctor said that patients that have a  positive reaction to Plasmapherisis tend to do well on Vyvgart. This has been true for me.  I too am curious why he felt it’s not a good match.

    Insurances can play a role in what Meds we can access. Some want other drugs tried before certain treatments.  I had done great on Soliris for several years, then it wasn’t enough. Vyvgart wasn’t approved yet, then there were no infusion centers certified for it. I’m infusing at home and loving that it’s only 2 hours for a month, then nothing until I need another boost in a month or two. Traveling to an infusion center added 4-6 hours to the actual infusion time, so I’m feeling very spoiled.