Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › COVID-19 and MG › Have You Had COVID-19 with Myasthenia Gravis? What Was Your Experience? › Reply To: Have You Had COVID-19 with Myasthenia Gravis? What Was Your Experience?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I refused any vaccine.  I felt it was too risky for me and I probably wouldn’t build immunity anyway.  I’ve had COVID twice now. The 1st time, I was given Regeneron and felt so much better within 12 hours.  No hospitalization and it took about 2 weeks to completely get over it.  That was in Dec. 2022.  Now, June 2022, I have COVID again!  This time, I was given the new oral Paxlovid.  It took longer to work, but did finally relieve all but lingering respiratory symptoms by day 7.   Again, no hospitalization.

    COVID wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated compared to a Norovirus episode which hit me in March.  That almost put me in the hospital and took a good, long 6 weeks to recover.

    I hate being Immunocompromised and living life in a bubble for fear of catching “something”.