Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › COVID-19 and MG › The Vaccine: Experience & Side Effects › Reply To: The Vaccine: Experience & Side Effects
-
Community Member
MemberPrednisone is one if the first line treatments for MG.
it also is know to sometimes exacerbate symptoms. Generally temporary.
IVIG caused negative symptoms for me, and others.
anytime, anything we put something in our bodies it has the potential to cause a negative effect.
‘antivirals can exacerbate flu and or Covid symptoms.
it’s all about the benefits that any vaccine or medication has to potentially make you better or protect you from a deadly virus.
I just had my nurse put 2 bottles of VYVgart in me. I don’t know for fact that it might cause negative effects. Or long term, as it is new, they could discover that it has something bad in it. But for now, I feel the benefit, and I’ve experienced the benefit of being vaccinated as my Covid experience was not as bad as some flu’s I’ve had.
we all have to judge hopefully with good advice from our medical team what is the best way to proceed, vaccines and or treatments.
stay healthy.