Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Port to Help Ease Myasthenia Gravis Treatments › Reply To: Port to Help Ease Myasthenia Gravis Treatments

  • Community Member

    Member

    When I was on IVIG my infusions took 3-4 hours to complete.  The infusion center was able to give me a room to myself so I had peace, quiet and privacy.  The only side effect was fatigue.  I soon moved on to Soliris which only takes 35 minutes to infuse.  In some cases I spend more time waiting on the pharmacy to mix the solution.

    I am now awaiting approval to switch to Ultomiris which is only administered every 8 weeks.  Fortunately I have very good veins.  Switching to Ultomiris hopefully will preserve my veins even longer.  Right or wrong I see not getting a port to be apart of my battle to preserve my way of life and refuse to give in to this disease.