Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Mestinon Side Effects › Reply To: Mestinon Side Effects
-
Community Member
MemberMy neurologist taught me about mestinon dosage the following: it is incorrect to set a frequency of taking mestinon, i.e. 3 times a day, 5 times a day, etc. Mestinon works pretty much starting 45 minutes after taking and ends about 3 hours after taking it. After 4 hours its effect is almost nil. So to set one’s dosage one should really try different dosages and evaluate how one feels after about 1 hour. If it is a little bit too much, I personally may get intestinal symptoms… So my maximum dosage is about 120 mg (I am fat, 115 kg).
Now as to frequency – I take it “as needed”, so during day and activities that would be around every 2.5 -3 hours, if in bed, or similar, maybe one can get away every 4 hours. Luckily, I do not need it during night.