• Community Member

    Member

    I can understand what you’re going through because I was also taking 30mg mestinon as you were. In the beginning I was okay, but then my eye drooping got worse. I was afraid of having a cholinergic crisis if I took more . I then self medicated and increased my medication to 3 x 60mg daily. My cramps were really bad and swallowing difficulty just before taking my next dose. O then took a tablet cause hyascine for the cramps. It helped. But my symptoms did not get any better. I hadn’t seen a neurologist for about 2 years, but it was too much so eventually I found a neurologist who could assist me. He explained everything about MG and the treatments etc. I am now starting on a new course. Mestinon still 3 x 60 mg daily, Azathiaprine 100 mg nice daily, and prednisolone on an increasing dosage every week until I get upto 60 mg per day. I believe that this might help, and will wait to see. His explanation was that a steroid and immunosuppressant together with mestinon should help, though it will take some time for the effects of azathiaprine to be notice. He also mentioned plasma exchange etc are normally for for a quick result during a crisis. I know we are all different, but I was really afraid to change to different meds or increases. I just accepted suffering with cramps and swallowing problem. Hope you can find a solution to help you.