Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › COVID-19 and MG › Have You Had COVID-19 with Myasthenia Gravis? What Was Your Experience? › Reply To: Have You Had COVID-19 with Myasthenia Gravis? What Was Your Experience?

  • Community Member

    Member

    Febr 28, 2021 received 1st Pfizer vaccine. Next day 3/1/21 admitted through emergency to hospital. Vaccine exacerbated MG. Could not swallow even saliva. While they we’re putting in feeding tube it caused bleeding. Bad went to worse fast.  In ICU for 12 days on ventilator and feeding tube. 17 day in hospital. I ended on oxygen 24 hrs. After 2 more exacerbations in June and September. It was a very rough year.
    UTIs led into the June and Sept 2021 exacerbations.  Now May 2022 had outpatient IVIG (UTI again causing MG). HOWEVER since May 16th 2022 I have been MG symptom free!!!  It is the best I have felt in way over a year.
    just let me say – I have many family and dear friends who have been praying for me faithfully!  I am so very grateful!