Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Any Tips For Traveling Internationally With MG? › Reply To: Any Tips For Traveling Internationally With MG?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I am wishing you well on your travels  …  and will be praying for you.  I have been in remission for a year now and take 2000 MGs daily of CELLCEPT, 180 MGs daily of MESTINON, and was tapered and weaned off that nasty STERIOD PREDNISONE … which had HORRID SIDE EFFECTS.  So if you are not on CELLCEPT,  ask your doctor  … I have had no relapses  .. and only had my original 5 hours of 5 days of IVIG.

    I personally would not risk it,  as I was undiagnosed by every Doctor, neurologist, and eye doctor who saw me for 8 months  ..till a third floor  hospital nurse recognized my MG symptoms and talked her supervisors into getting me tested.    PLEASE FIND and ZOOM with MG support groups, in any area that you plan to visit.  Their moderator and your fellow members in that support group  … will know the GOOD doctors  … as well as the UGLY (MG clueless doctors), where you plan to visit.  GET NAMES and DOCTOR CONTACT NUMBERS NOW !!!!  If I could not find a single MG educated doctor for eight months in ARIZONA to diagnose all 9 of my very OBVIOUS MG symptoms  … what will be your chances out of the US?  The BRITISH MG group that I also ZOOM with (1 of my 4 groups) is EXCELLENT.  http://www.myaware.org

    Bring your MEDIC ALERT BRACELET, a flash drive with your records,  and many copies of your medical records  … as well as MG website downloads   …  from http://WWW.MYASTHENIA.ORG and http://WWW.MYAWARE.ORG.  They have downloadable info pages of DANGEROUS DRUGS, ANESTHESIAS, and ANTIBIOTICS, as well as info pages to give to 911 crews, emergency rooms, hospitals, and an anesthesia provider.

    I already had a CODE RED called on me, from an overdose of ANESTHESIA, to an undiagnosed MG patient, when I stopped breathing, and they had to make several attempts to resuscitate me, and had several failures to extubate me.  They did not like my moving, phlegming,  and choking  .. when they attempted to do X rays, MRIs and CAT SCANS.

    BE EDUCATED AND STAY SAFE.  I wish you well.