• Community Member

    Member

    I started showing all the MG symptoms in July 2019 (I had just turned 68 the month before)  .. and was undiagnosed by every doctor for 8 months.  Now I have been in remission for 15 months.  So far I have not had any issues getting a woodie, once I was back home after five months in five hospitals  … with no privacy or lights ever out.

    But I am Italian, and the eldest of seven kids, and my fraternal grandfather was fresh off the boat from Naples at 16. So that may make a difference.

    As I said earlier  …  my MG or my pill side effects, give me bad onset insomnia all the time  … and sometime a little solo action, makes me more sleepy quicker. It is worth a try.  They say that you can’t get asleep, if you read with lights on, see TV , or do computer work before lying down.  So what else can you do in the dark, when you can’t fall asleep in bed?  When I struggle to get asleep and it takes several hours, all I seem to keep seeing and remembering  …  is all my five plus months of HORRID experiences in five hospitals in 2020, suffering and being UNDIAGNOSED.  So using my imagination in bed at home in the dark, helps me not relive my hospital nightmares, and maybe I can fall asleep sooner, and not be depressed, while trying to fall asleep.

    Maybe what they say is true  … IT’s MIND over MATTER.   Just as I always feel better attending MG support groups ZOOMs.  There are people just like me  …  dealing with MG … and in worse shape than me  …  possibly.  It lifts a burden from your MG life,  knowing that you are not alone.