• Community Member

    Member

    I was in close contact with polio at my school in 1954 and in 1957, but showed no symptoms then I had the Salk vaccine in Australia about 1958. There may have been hints of MG after that, but I was diagnosed and severe in 1962. I did not have the boosters. I did get MG a few weeks after a Hepatitis vaccine, but whether this was a cause I don’t know.

    After a severe virus(probably 1983), which many people suffered at that time,…stiff neck,muscle pain, headaches, bowel problems, food intolerances, weakness, mental fog and exhaustion, I developed chronic fatigue which lasted nearly ten years. Alternative therapies finally helped and I studied herbal medicine to help myself and others.

    Mostly now I am well(78 ), but intermittently suffer the same symptoms which often involve craving sweets at the outset, then headaches etc. As with every infection, the MG worsens a bit. Interesting to think the polio might be relevant. Thanks for raising that.