Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Research and Clinical Trials › Thoughts on Clinical Trials › Reply To: Thoughts on Clinical Trials
-
Community Member
MemberI was scheduled to start Vyvgart infusions this week and was then advised that I was accepted in a new clinical trial (Cartesian-08) that was starting next week. I had applied and had been turned down (after going through all interviews, exams and tests) on two pevious clinical trials. I am 82 year old male and have had generalized MG for 2 1/2- 3 years) and was starting to believe it was my age that was getting in the way.
The decision to cancel the Vyvgart infusions (they had been approved and I had secured 100% funding for the rest of the year) was difficult, but after much thought and research I have decided to go with the trial instead. Yes, I am having second thoughts about the decision, but am hopeful, that in the log run, it is best for me, my age and current condition. I did discuss the situation with my Neurologist as well as my GP. Neither, of course would say yes or no, but both agreed that I should do what I thought best for me and would support me in every they could. They really are great doctors and have provided me with excellent care and support getting me through these first few years.
I will keep the Forum as up-to-date as possible. There may be some restrictions of what and when I can report things, but will do the best I can.