Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Mestinon 60 mg verses Mestinon XR 180 mg › Reply To: Mestinon 60 mg verses Mestinon XR 180 mg
-
Community Member
MemberWhen my doctor switched me from Pyridostigmine 60mg to the extended release 180mg formula, I was thrilled at the idea of only needing 1 dose daily. But, it didn’t work out as I expected.
The ER 180mg formula’s expected duration is less than I thought, which is 2.5 times the original formula. The result was that I still had big gaps and eventually increased to 4 doses a day.
I have a long history of meditation not lasting as long as expected. So, the extended release formula may work differently for you. Plus, I’m still glad that I’m taking pyridostigmine ER 180mg, since my alternative would most likely be swallowing the standard formula by the handful each day!