Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Mestinon 60 mg verses Mestinon XR 180 mg › Reply To: Mestinon 60 mg verses Mestinon XR 180 mg

  • Community Member

    Member

    Hi Norm & Alan,  I was surprised by my sleep apnea test, particularily because I rarely snore.  I have had breathing problems for a couple of years, but only when I exercise or over-exert myself.  I saw a pulmonologist who had me walk the halls with an O2 meter on my finger.  My Oxygen would drop into the 80’s, the alarm would go off, but once I sat and rested my O2 would go back up to 97% or higher.  My cardiologist and the pulmonologist both were perplexed.  Then last summer my fatigue got much worse. I had started Cellcept and thought that might be causing the tiredness.  I stopped the cellcept, but still was extremely tired.  My neurologist ordered a home sleep study.  I am waiting to go into the sleep clinic to try both a cpap and a bi-pap, meanwhile I am taking 60 mg of Mestinon at Midnight and 4 am., then every 4 hours during the day from 8 am – 8 pm. i was taking 90 mg every 4 hours during the day only, nothing at night.  I hate getting up during the night, after only a week my body just automatically knows it is time to take the Mestinon.  I am also starting to feel a little more rested.  I was hoping I could maybe resolve this issue with medication instead of a machine and get the XR so I wouldn’t have to get up during the night.  I am apprehensive about wearing a mask. Amy

    ered pp

     

    and the